What does a Specialist Orthodontist do?
Specialist Orthodontists correct the alignment of the teeth and jaws. Aside from aesthetic improvements, orthodontics can treat many issues that impact a patient’s overall dental health and wellbeing. Some common orthodontic problems Specialist Orthodontist treat include:
- Overcrowded teeth: When there is not enough space in the mouth for permanent teeth to grow, causing crooked teeth.
- Crooked teeth: A common orthodontic issue where teeth that grow off angle.
- Overbites: When upper teeth protrude too much, causing excessive incisor wear and a ‘gummy’ smile.
- Underbites: When lower teeth extend farther than the upper teeth, causing discomfort, digestive issues or excessive wear patterns.
- Lack of facial symmetry: Irregularities of the teeth or jaw that impact the overall look of the face.